Monday 12 September 2011

Liptick, Nail Polish & Palette Swatches From Haul

As you may have seen in my most recent post of my extravagent shopping spree I bought a few cosmetics.

My favourite purchase from my little spree was free, I was in Boots sometime last week and they had an offer availible to any customers of their 17 range, if you buy 2 items you will receive a free 'All About Nude' palette, and after a quick look at what colours it contained I was sold and bought 2 of their nail polishes just for the palette. Obviously the colours I chose I loved, however one nail polish is my ultimate fave!

Its their shade 'Sweet Kisses' which is a lovely lilac/pink kind of colour, a colour I haven't seen before :)

The Packaging it very minimalistic and pretty pale pink shade :)

The eyeshadows are very pigmented and both have a slight gold shimmer to them, the pink shade is called Funfair and the gold is Walnut Pearl. There is also a cream blusher which doesn't have a name and a lipstick in Belle which is part of their permanent lipstick collection.

Swatches from the Palette!

Nail Polishes!




No7's Stay Perfect Nail Polish in the shade Minty Fresh
This colour was achieved after around 3 coats of the nail polish, it is a watery formula but it remains chip-free for up to 4 days of heavy wear.

Chanel's Nail Colour in the shade 507 Tendresse.
This colour is a very sheer colour, its best to be used (in my opinion) as a bottom coat for any bright nail polishes or to dull down a colour that is too strong.
I only really got a decent colour when I applied 5 coats on my nail, then it became a pretty ballerina pink, but this can only be achieved if you have 30 minutes free to apply a silly amount of nail polish. Its also a pain in the backside formula that will peel off within 12 hours of application. I'm not sure if this is all Chanel nail polish's or just this particular one, anyway my first impressions of Chanel as a cosmetics brand was bruised thanks to this.

Lipsticks!

Viva Glam Cyndi
Mac's Viva Glam Cyndi Lipstick from the limited edition Viva Glam Collection.


Shy Girl

The popular Shy Girl lipstick, which if I'm 100% honest will not receive half the amount of hype it has received from other bloggers. My least favourite colour in the entire spectrum is orange and Shy Girl in my opinion is exactly that. However I do adore the smell, Vanilla is my favourite smell ever and I smell the lipstick (weird I know) whenever I sit in my bedroom.


Divine


Last & definitely last is my No7 lipstick in Divine, which I regret buying quite a lot. When I was in Boots I asked for a nude with a tiny hint of pink to avoid the foundation lipstick fiasco and this is what was chosen for me. Now once I've given it a proper go, it seems to be an awful mauve, ew ew ew. However the formula is quite nice, a very silky velvet feeling that stays put for quite a while.


And a picture of swatches of all 3 lipsticks :)


Sopheehanah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment